Well today at work I was super busy putting out product on the floor, when a young women asked me if I worked there, I turned to find a very thin young women, she just looked upset,scared,and hurting... She asked me if I knew of any books that we carried that would help bring her marriage back together... Well I spent the next 45 Min's talking to her praying with her and showing her books, places in the Bible that would help her, I also said that she may need to go to her Pastor to get her into for counseling....
I wanted to cry when she asked me if I was married and I told her yes for 25 years, but it hasn't been easy, it has taken 25 years of fighting for my marriage... I told her if she loves her husband and he loves her then fight for it, with Gods help, she wept and thanked me for leaving my work to talk to her, and I said you didn't pull me from my work, that this was my work...
I praise and thank the Lord for helping talk to this young women, so if you could please help me to pray for there marriage, her name is Lisa...
Connie
GBU
6 comments:
Where do you work? What a wonderful witness and privilege to come alongside another in need of encouragement. You were her Barnabas today, and your Father is well pleased.
Thanks for moving beyond yourself and being the light and life of Jesus to Lisa. I will pray for her and her husband tonight.
Thanks for staying connected to me via my blog. I will try and do better about getting over here more! I love the new look.
peace~elaine
how wonderful when our work and ministry intersect...i know Lisa is so glad God orchestrated your meeting today!
Sounds like you were right where she needed you to be...and listening to the spirits words to give her...awesome.
Oh how the Lord used you to help Lisa. That was no coincident, but planned by the Master. I'll pray for Lisa.
Blessings in Christ--
My heart breaks for her. I had this terrible feeling of what this girl was going to ask of you. As I read your words, I envisioned myself walking upon you and asking the same thing. Having recently been through a divorce and my heart just devastated, I am now so sensitive to this. Upon reconciliation with my love, I will never take that for granted ever again. God tells us that marriage is to be honored by all. Heb 13:4. Through blogging I have read of so many marriages broken and it's predominantly been with the woman wanting the marriage restored and the husband seeking and getting a divorce. It's so sad to hear of Christian men unfaithful to the marriage or simply walking out on the hard times.
I pray for Lisa and all my new girlfriends who are suffering. Please pray for me also. It's been a rough patch the couple days. I'm so envious of those who have longevity in marriage and I know that is sin to envy.
Thank you Connie for sharing this.
Love,
Paula
Oh Connie...
You were Jesus to her today! Oh, how I pray for this young woman right now. And how I praise Him for you being there for her today.
What a gift and a blessing.
Big hugs~
Fran
Post a Comment