Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday June 13, 2008

Well I have more things to celebrate today than worrying about some myth.. See first I wan to tell you that we layer my brother Jim to rest on Friday June 13. 22 years ago... I felt like it was a good day he no longer had to have a hard life, see my brother was mentally handicapped, and his life was really rough for him... He drowned in North Plate Nebraska, and he was lay ed to rest in Utah... I miss my brother...

Now I have two great people to celebrate today, my Grandson Kendrick and my Granddaughter Keira had birthdays today Kendrick is 6 and Keira is 2... My Grand kids mean so much to me, and I miss them very much today, but we got on the cams and I was able to talk to them and we sang some songs together... I miss being there and getting to hold and kiss and hug them and just spending time with them... I know that in Gods timing I will be back there...

OK and am excited for my Son Ron he is getting baptized tomorrow night, I'm so happy for him,he has a thriving relationship with God...

I have some other news, a lady came in to my work yesterday and she came up to me at the register and she had the study (No other Gods) I looked at her and said are you a Siesta? and she yes, I was so excited!!! Then today I noticed that another ass. was putting the same study on hold for another lady, I asked if I could talk to her and guess what she is a Siesta as well... I was so excited... :)
I have my book on hold and I will be purchasing it this coming week, I can't wait to get started...
I do pray that you are all save and that you are having a great weekend...

5 comments:

marine's words said...

connie, I just bought the book and started reading yesterday, but I son'tknow if we need to listen to something like a tape?marina

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

So glad for all the celebrations and milestones going on in your world, although they are mixed with some sadnesses. Also glad to here that you are going to participate in Beth's study. I hope I can keep up. I've got so much going right now, but I love doing Bible study, and anything with Beth is a sure winner!

I'm excited for your son's baptism. Indeed, a stone of remembrance for the pocket! Perhaps you could chronicle it somehow with a small token of remembrance. Anyway, I'd love to hear about it or see pictures on your blog at some point.

May God bless you at every turn this week. I bet you simply love your job at the bookstore! What fun.

peace~elaine

marine's words said...

connie, I just posted on Beth Moore blog I am goin going solo are you? marina

Abba's Girl said...

I am looking forward to the study. I have a group of 4 meeting in my home.

You'll be in UT soon, carrying the Banner of Christ.

xxoo Annette

valerie said...

Hi Connie,
I just got back yesterday from church camp. All went well and I really appreciate you prayers.
I had a note that my book for the study came in. I haven't had a chance to get registered online with Beth Moore's blog. Will you be doing yours online with anyone?
I'll go pick it up tomorrow and see what I can find out about it.
I'm feeling overwhelmed with just getting back after being gone a week.
I'm anxious to get all caught up.
I need to get to church but wanted to say hello.
That's great news that your son is getting baptized. God is good!
Talk again real soon.
Love,
Valerie