Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thoughts...

The last few days have been a little hard, I miss Candice and she misses me... So I try not to focus on that, and more on my work and the things that I can do for the kingdom of God...
Sunday morning we decided to go visit Karen and Helen's church, they had asked me for a while to just visit once, so that morning Ron ran my bath water, and when I went in to get in I could tell something wasn't right, so I stuck my hand in the water and it was ice cold, our water heater had stopped working, so needless to say I washed my hair in the sink with cold water and Ron took a cold bath... Then yesterday afternoon we had the guys there to work on the water heater, and they had to replace the insides, and now it works awesome, thanks to our realtor that had a home warranty so we had to only pay $100.00 to have them fix it...
We liked there church, we enjoyed our self's. It is a very high tech and very large, and Ron and I are small church people, were you know everyone and they know you... I truly missed my church family on Sunday I can't wait to be back to Church on Wednesday night...
I guess when you have no other family you cling to your Church family, and I cling to my work family, I care about them as much as if they were my own family...
Here on the blog you are all like my new section on my family, I come here to share, care, weep,smile, learn, and to just be a family of sisters in Christ...
I do pray that you are all having a great week, you are all in my prayers...
Connie
GBU

4 comments:

Paula V said...

Connie,
I know your heart is heavy and saddened. May you use this time to draw even closer to God. See this as a learning experience. Seek Him to see what He wants to teach you, show you, prune you even. Though pruning is very painful it is so good for us. What could be better in this life than to know we are becoming more like the character of Christ in our pruning. This is a season for you and your Lord.
Lovingly,
Paula

Abba's Girl said...

Lord,

I ask you to fill your precious daugher Connie with joy and peace. I ask You to bind up her broken heart and reunite this family in Your perfect timing. Give her just the blessing she needs today. In Jesus' Name I pray.

About Nancy said...

I love how even when you are sad or drained you always turn to God. My how that pleases Him and lifts the heart of those you witness to.

You are in my prayers. Stay strong!
Nancy

Fran said...

Hey Connie...
I am hoping that today has been a good day. Its hard when our babies are gone isn't it? I'm praying for you. May each day bring an increase in faith and trust and love.

Big hugs,
Fran