Well today was such a weird day, I got half way there I realized I didn't have my phone and that has only happened maybe 3 times in the last 15 years... So the day just started out odd...
It seems like God was sending a lot of people to me today for all kinds of things, I helped a guy find the write bible, I helped a women find the right book for her hurting daughter... And then almost at the end of the day I was standing by the register looking over at a family, there was a Mom holding a small little girl and a Father, Grandmother paying for her things and then a uncle...
God told me to pay attention to them and he said help the child! That is when I noticed they seemed concerned and the Mother was patting her back, I could tell the little girl wasn't breathing, I ran over to them and said turn her upside down and then pat her back, the mother did and the little girl was still not breathing, I said give her to me, the Mother handed her to me, (I am CPR certified) I turned her upside down and with a couple of good pats to her back she started to cry and then she was breathing ok... They thanked me and I said thank God he told me to help you... I just praise the Lord that I was there right at that moment, and that I could help...
There are so many things that happean each and every day, and sometimes I get to busy and let them go by, not seeing where God is working, but when you stop and look he is everywhere...
Don't forget to thank him for having you where he has today...
3 comments:
You're right....we just need to take time to look and listen.
I think so much of the time we all get so busy and involved in our work, shopping, house cleaning...whatever, that we don't take the time to notice people who just need a smile or a little extra attention.
Lifeway is blessed to have you working for them!
Have a great day!
Love,
Valerie
Wow...that is so wonderful. I'm glad you were "in tune" to God and able to help. You saved her life!
I'm a little surprised that from what you said the family seemed so "calm". I think I would've been screaming: "call 911, call 911!" Panic mode!
Thanks for the beautiful reminder and for blessing us with this story.
Paula
I had to stop by and tell you hi!
You are in step with the Spirit, Connie. I thank GOD for your witness everyday in a hurting world.
You are prayed for!
Blessings and Prayers,
Teri
Post a Comment