Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mothers Day



I want to Thank Marina for sharing this with us, it is very beautiful, I also wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to all my Sisters in Christ...

I am so glad that God allowed me to be a Mother of 4 great Kids, and know my oldest daughter is a Mother to my three grand kids, she is a great Mom and I love her very much...

I remember all the silly things that we would do together and all the time we just spent talking, I love all my kids personality's and the way they see things, I always wanted kids that would come to me and talk to me, and I think I got it...

Now I wanted to let you know that this is one of the hardest holidays for me, as long as I focus on my kids, then I am ok, but see I was the kid that saw others with there Moms having fun, just spending time with them, I longed for the day that my Mom and I could just have fun,or just talk carefree, that has not happened yet and she is all most 73, I love her a lot, but I can't pick out a card that tells her how great of a Mother she was... When I was having my kids I promised my self that I would be a more hands, on and less controlling and more forgiving Mother and Grandmother, than my Mother is... I just cryed the day my Kids told me that I had lived up to my promise, that means so much to me...

So Thank you Lord for giving me my Kids and Grand kids to love teach and care for...

Connie

6 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Dearest Connie,
My heart breaks for you tonight. I can tell you are a loving mother who wants so badly to be the mother she never had. I think there are a lot of women on this Christian blog who feel the same as you. It's hard to be honest in front of the whole world. I'm glad to be your sister in Christ, especially today! You are loved by so so many!
Angie xoxo

valerie said...

Connie,
I'll be praying a special prayer for you on Mother's Day.
You are a wonderful mother & grandmother and I'm just proud of you for realizing you wanted things to be different for your kids. God is so good to have blessed you with four children and now precious grandchildren.
Happy Mother's Day, my sweet Sister in Christ.
Thanks for the comments on my posts. I love my kids and am so thankful I'm a mom.
Love,
Valerie

annette said...

I once heard we have two chances at family in this world. As children ourselves, and when we can make a home and family for our own children. So, God is good to give another chance and you, Connie are a great mom and gradmother so you took Him up on that precious gift. Happy Mother's Day and much blessing to you and yours. Thank you for your heart shared. It is a gift to me. Love, Annette

Momala said...

I can relate to your feelings about your mom, I've had similar issues with mine. Aren't you thankful that the Lord gives us the chance to start anew with our own children? I once had a pastor tell me that with the Lord I could break the negative cycle that had started with my mother and grandmother. It's wonderful that you are seeing the fruit of that with your children and grandchildren!

Happy Mother's Day!

Paula V said...

May the Lord comfort you as the pain of emotional separation and distance exists between you and your mother. Praise God for the blessing of knowing you have become the mother you desired and is very pleasing to God.
May you feel the love of the Lord who is your Father and Mother.
Happy Mother's Day!
Paula

Mommyluann said...

I came upon your blog from Nancy's. Cute grandkids. I am 41, my mother will be 73 the end of May. I know she loves me, but she's never been much on just heartfelt talks, etc. I miss my dad on that account. Hang in there. Sounds like you have lived up to what you wanted to be as a mom and grandmom. God Bless!