Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thoughts from today's sermon

Today at Church we had 4 baptisms, and this is what the Pastor Preached on, this sermon reminded me of what I have been lacking, and the things I need to focus more on... I love it when I'm spoke to from God, through a Sermon... I just want to share some of it with you...

(Ephesians 2:8-9)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

We have a sin dept...
In (John 1:17) we read 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

"God's riches at Christs expenses"
These are some of the benefits of Gods Grace!

1. Saved by Grace-
(Ephesians 2:8-9)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

2. Forgiven by Grace-
(Ish. 43:25)
25"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.

3. Sustained by Grace-
(Phil. 2:13)
13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

4. Healed by grace-
(Psalm 147:3) 3
He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.

5. Liberated by Grace-
(Matt. 11:28-30)
28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
29"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

6. Given talents by Grace-
(Rom. 12"6-7)
6 Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith; 7 if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching;

How can I or you show gratitude for Gods grace?

1. By making my life count!
(1 Corn. 6:20 and 1 Peter 4:10)
1 Corn. 6:20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
1 Peter 4:10 As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

2. By becoming a generous person.
(2 Corn. 9:7-8)
7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

3. By sharing the good news of Grace.
(Acts 20:24)
24"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.

3 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Good stuff Sister!

Annette ><>

marine's words said...

thank you for posting on my blog its always nice to hear form you and thank you for your prayers it means a lot too me ,
and I love your knew look!!
love,
marina
ps. I am gald i am not the only one that can't take the heat :)

Fran said...

Oooooohhhhhh that is good stuff Connie. Have a great day!

Hugs and prayers,
Fran