We just got back from a Prayer walk at my daughters High School, it was amazing we walked the halls and we prayers for the students for the Teachers and any and everyone else that works there or enters the doors... It was a amazing knowing the God has opened the doors for us to go in and pray...
This is a answer to prayers that have been said for a very long time, it is time for us to reach out to our children's schools and pray for them...
This morning our pastor preached on 1 Corn. 13:11 When I was a child, I reasoned like a child. When I become a man, I gave up childish ways. ESV
This is a very important verse for me. When I was a teenager I had a friend that was very close to the Lord, well we were really close and I was a Mormon at the time, well when he was getting ready to leave School,(he was a year ahead of me) he gave me his bible and in the front of the Bible this is what he wrote to me.
(That he was praying for my salvation) he also marked this verse for me...
I didn't understand it then, but now that I have been saved I understand, that we as Christians can't just stay as new babys we have to grow in Christ and strive for more, and take His work out and share with the lost...
Tonight at church in Awana is our last regular night and then next week is our awards night, i'm looking forward to see there smiling faces...
I hope are all having a great Sunday...
GBU All
4 comments:
Hey Dear Connie!
I took a break from studying pharm and I received a meme and now I'm tagging you.
All the info is on my website.
Be back when I can read your blog post!
Love and blessings,
Teri
Connie,
You and I had the same thought process yesterday! It was my turn in the prayer room during our 9:30 service at church.
That prayer kept coming to me over and over - babe's that are only taking spiritual milk - that's one thing...but if you are maturing in Christ...shouldn't you be hungry for more by now? How long can milk fill up and grow a 10 year old or older?
Sort of like Beth and others have said about "the church" - we may be 10 miles wide...but we are only 1/2 inch deep. Superficial won't cut it in the last days, I'm really afraid. We have to know Truth not to fall for a lie.
You and I can amen that one. We both didn't know truth and we know how easy it is to be persuaded.
I pray others will dig into HIS Truth!
Love and prayers for your school and your prayer walk!!
Teri
Praying through the school was beautiful!!! We did that at church when we had a new building completed and I just cried like a baby!
Keep growing my sweet friend. We all gotta keep growing...we will never grow too old to stop learning! Jesus is an every day, detail kind of Savior!
Hugs~
Fran
Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. How special those are in our lives that help us grow and mature. Blessings my friend.
Post a Comment